Ten Steps in Goal Setting (Bottom-Up Approach)
- Put together a list of possible goals.
- Determine which things on your list are the most important.
- Make sure that your goals are specific and realistic, but
- Allocate time-lines to the goals that you have chosen
(short, medium, or long term dates).
- Working backwards from scheduled dates for goals, set
sub-goals in the form of specific actions or steps needing to
- Program the goals into planning activity and focus on action
strategies to achieve goals.
- Reflect if you have the time and energy required to devout
to your goals. Cut any that you feel overwhelmed by.
- Put your goals somewhere that they can be seen and regularly
and monitor progress towards them.
- Modify your goals when/ if necessary.
- Reward yourself when a goal is achieved.